11 Sep IMPORTANT Update- TAR MLS Clear Cooperation Policy-with FAQs and Seller Acknowledgement documentation.
Posted at 18:33h in Real Estate 0 Comments
CLICK HERE is the new Clear Cooperation Policy for TAR & Telluride MLS* in full packet form. Please see the official documents that you will want to review through thoroughly to get acquainted with.
- MLS Clear Cooperation Policy of the National Association of REALTORS – The main mandated policy that is currently in MLS Rules and Regs.
- TAR MLS Clear Cooperation Policy FAQs – This is where you go to find all of the local policy and frequent questions.
- Seller Acknowledgement Waiver of MLS Benefits* OR IDX/VOW and Syndication Opt Out. Confidentialtiy Notice & CP-44 Reminder – This new form helps you to fully explain to your Seller the ins/outs of an Office Exclusive Listing or Syndication Opt Out. Plus gives an update on Fair Housing Laws, Confidentialtiy and a reminder on CP-44. Per FAQs: It must be submitted to the TAR MLS Director via fax or email within 24 hours of signing.
- Informational – Seller Opt-out choices within FLEXMLS explained.
The MLS Committee, Executive Committee & Board of Directors alongside Legal Counsel have spent months, researching and debating trying to come up with the additional final documents. This policy is mandated by NAR, and so we did our best to achieve reasonable local policies that NAR first set forth. We felt this is a fluid set of documents that could very well change in 6 months to a year once we see what works and what doesn’t within our MLS and Association.
- Be advised: 1) Hypothetical questions should be sent directly to the incoming MLS Chair, Alex Martin – email@example.com as well as myself and Mier Esch cc’d so that if we can answer the question we will, otherwise will have to be sent to NAR for clarification. 2) While discussed, there is no “Coming Soon” status within the MLS. If you need to block an active listing within the MLS from going further into the public/websites IDX/VOWS/Realtor.com, you have the 4 Seller opt-out options in FLEX to choose from and the 4th attached item clearly shows how you can use these accordingly. For all pre-active marketing you have 2 options — Exclusive Office Listing or the Pre-marketing / 2-week period has ended on the Start date (see FAQs). 3) Inquires must be in writing (Email OK) to the MLS Committee and a form of “proof” must be attached—some examples include but not limited to: photo/recording/screenshot/Email/URL/Social Media posts etc. Verbal is not an acceptable form.
Thank you for your consideration.